Views:33 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-03-29 Origin:Site
Classification and Selection of Marine Cables
Marine cables are special cables for power, lighting, control, communication and computer systems of ships, offshore oil platforms and offshore buildings. Because of the harsh environment, the cable is required to be safe, reliable, long life, small size, light weight, and has excellent temperature resistance, fire resistance, flame retardant, oil resistance, moisture resistance, seawater resistance, excellent electrical and mechanical properties.
Generally, the laying space of marine cables is limited, so the armor structure is woven by metal wire, which is the biggest difference between the structure and the land power, control and communication cables.
Marine cables can be divided into marine power cables (including low voltage power cables with rated voltage and power frequency of 1 kV or less and medium voltage power cables with rated voltage and power frequency of 3-15 kV), marine control cables, marine communication cables, marine signal cables and marine radio frequency cables.
In terms of types, marine cables can be divided into two categories: (civilian) marine cables and (military) naval cables.
From the point of use, marine cables can be divided into three categories: ship power cables, ship control cables and ship communication cables.
Its functions are as follows:
1. Ship Power Cable: Power transmission for ships and offshore or offshore buildings in rivers and seas.
2. Ship Control Cable: Control signal transmission for ships and offshore or offshore buildings in rivers and seas.
3. Ship Communication Cable: Signal transmission and control system used in various communication, computer and information processing equipment.
The following factors should be taken into account in the selection of types of marine cables:
1. The use of cables - for power, lighting and signal transmission, etc.
2. Cable laying position - whether long-term immersion, low temperature and shielding are required.
3. Working conditions - fixed laying, number of pipe piercing and movable, etc.
Deyuan Marine can provide you with a variety of cables. Please feel free to contact us for more details.