Views:54 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-07-05 Origin:Site
Introduction of The Oil Tanker
Oil tanker is a liquid cargo ship carrying bulk oil or refined oil. Broadly speaking, it refers to ships transporting various kinds of oil in bulk. In addition to transporting petroleum, they also transported petroleum products, various kinds of animal and vegetable oils, liquid natural gas and petroleum gas.
However, most of the so-called oil tankers refer to ships transporting crude oil. And the ship that transports the finished oil is called the finished oil tanker. Ships carrying liquid natural gas and petroleum gas are called liquefied gas ships.
Oil tankers are easily distinguished from other ships. The deck of the tanker is very flat and there is almost nothing standing on the deck except the cockpit. The tanker does not need a crane on deck to load and unload its cargo. Only a small crane is located in the middle of the tanker. The purpose of the crane is to lift the pipes on the wharf to the tanker and connect them with the piping system on the tanker. The piping system on the tanker can be seen from a distance.
Most crude oil tankers can carry 100,000 tons of cargo. 90% of them use steam engines as power devices. The reason is that crude oil must be heated before it can be pumped into the tanker. They are always heated throughout the transportation process, so that they can be unloaded quickly at the destination. Therefore, the steam engine driven can also be used to provide steam for heating crude oil.
The speed of crude oil transportation is not important, so the speed of these ships is generally about 15 knots (28 km/h), they are relatively slow ships.
1. Tankers can be divided into:
(1) Small oil tankers (below 0.6 tons of deadweight tons), mainly carrying light oil
(2) Medium-sized oil tankers (0.6~3.5 dwt tons), mainly carrying refined oil products
(3) Large oil tankers (3.5~16 dwt tons), mainly carrying crude oil, occasionally carrying heavy oil
(4) Giant and super oil tankers (160,000 tons of VLCC or more, 300,000 tons of heavy-duty tons or more)
2. The tanker can be divided into:
(1) Supertankers (above 160,000 tons of DWT), more than 160,000 tons of tankers are called super-large tankers, more than 400,000 tons of tankers are called super giant tankers, and generally more than 200,000 tons of tankers are called For the supertanker
(2) Suez-type tanker (Suezmax, 120,000-160,000 DWT)
(3) Aframax tanker (Aframax, 80,000 to 120,000 DWT), this type of vessel can dock most North American ports and obtain the best economy, also known as "freight type boat" or "United States Tanker ship"
(4) Panamax tanker (60,000-80,000 DWT)
(5) Handy-type tanker (10,000-50,000 DWT)
(6) General-purpose tanker (less than 10,000 tons)
Deyuan marine can offer all kinds marine equipments for the oil tanker, please feel free to contact us for more details.