Views:13 Author:Lionel Publish Time: 2018-08-17 Origin:Site
How Shipping Save Port Costs
Port charges are one of the main expenses of transportation costs. Some shipping companies' port fees are more than a quarter of the total cost, only second to fuel and ship repairs. Therefore, saving port charges is an issue that ocean shipping companies must pay attention to in order to reduce transportation costs. In general, the way the ship saves port charges can be expressed in the following aspects:
1. The shipowner must understand and master the charging rules for various fees in each port and the adjustment of the rate.
2. The ship's side should pay great attention to the reasonable arrangement of the ship's operations in the port and make corresponding records.
3. Correctly understand the time of entry and exit of the ship. Efforts should be made to get in and out of the port during the day. Because of the cost of port navigation, towing, and mooring and unmooring unmooring ropes in various countries, additional fees will be added at night and on holidays.
4. Before entering or leaving the port, the ship shall, as far as possible, level the first and last drafts of the ship to reduce the maximum draft of the ship. Because some ports, such as the pilotage of Japanese ports, are based on the total tonnage of the ship and the maximum draught at the beginning and the end.
5. Properly declare the tonnage of the ship. Ship tonnage tax, ship port fee,light fee, etc. are based on the tonnage of the ship. For ships with two or more full-deck decks, the triangular tonnage mark can be surveyed on both sides and the two tonnages of different sizes can be used to replace the open and close tonnage of the past sheltered deck ships. When the tonnage mark is not in the water, the ship should declare a large tonnage; when the tonnage mark is not in the water, the ship should declare a small tonnage.
6. Reasonably stow the goods. We will strive to operate all cargo tanks at the same time, and the loading and unloading time of each tank should be balanced as much as possible to shorten the time of the ship in Hong Kong.
7. Do all the preparatory work in time to reduce the various waiting time.
8. The shipowner should carefully review and sign the various bills of charge to prevent undue losses.